Friday, February 19, 2010

Eye Candy

Have you ever marveled at God's creation? At how some people are so nicely put together. Almost like Einstein was God's lab assistant at creation, helping him calculate the proportions, angles and tangents. Please don't take my mathematical terminology seriously. To quote Amani Maranga; I had the 2% that your father was looking for when you scored 98% in Maths in high school.

Still, there really is such a thing as eye candy. I see it every time I take photographs. But its not so much that these are superliciously beautiful people, I really do believe that its the inside that's reflected on the outside, and it radiates such an immense level of beauty, you really cannot help but stop, stare and luckily for me SNAP.. you know.. its part of the job. :)

You've got to realize that God doesn't create ugly. We do. We bring ugly on ourselves. We mapped up the route to ugliness. We created the S.I. unit for ugly. And then we ranked each other and ourselves even, and put ourselves in that little box called "I'm-Not-So-Good-Looking" whereas admittedly, we all are good-looking unique little creatures with a whole lot going for us; sparse hair, knock knees, pot belly, cross eyes, a generous bosom, notwithstanding. And I'm not talking about flaws here. A flaw ain't nothing but a unique identifying mark, so if you have a pot, rub it and love it! I'm talking about UGLY.

Have you ever met the girl with the thick waistline and wondered how she manages to rock that figure belt? Yeah, me too. Have you ever tried the same look and failed miserably. Yeah, me too. Have you then decided that figure belts are just not your thing and moved back to your Toi Market dress tops and resigned yourself to your fate as a "Not-So-Good-Looking" person. Yeah, me too. And have you ever encountered the couple that looks SOOOOOO good together... finishing each others sentences, never had a tiff in their life, both love oysters, ice-skating and watching chick flicks. Both cheer FC Porto and spend their evenings in the kitchen, she washing the dishes, he wiping them and storing them away in their sanitized Clean House Comes Clean kitchen... *sigh* I hate them. They make me want to Msscccheeeewww! Never mind me. I'm on stage 4; The Who-Do-They-Think-They-Are-Kidding stage.

It really is amazing what people go through to hide their 'uglies' and to make themselves look like they have it all together. And people have BIG BAAAAD uglies. And boy will they go to LENGTHS to hide them uglies. Eventually when you find out just how much dust is under their carpet, your pot belly and knock knees can't compete. You get that feel good factor about yourself. You begin to say, 'okay, I know I'm fat, but at least I'm not THAT fat'. You hug yourself and say, 'I am somebody!'

SURELY you must know we are not born ugly. We go looking for ugly, we find ugly and we make ugly a part of us. And then we rationalize that at least our ugly really isn't as ugly as other people's ugly. 'We are just friends'. Says the girl 'hanging' with the other girls husband. 'But si she knows that I have a wife'. Says the guy. Kwani what's wrong with. The four words which when put together, are begging for a justification for ugly. Kwani what's wrong with. If someone ever begins a sentence with those words my advice to you is RUN! Kwani whats wrong with being ambitious; Sleeps Way To Top. Kwani whats wrong with not asking her out; Strings 5 Girls Along. Kwani whats wrong with borrowing cash to throw a party; Keeps Up With Joneses. Kwani whats wrong with moving along swiftly?

Ugliness is a conscious decision you make. A million people can tell you that you are beautiful or that you CAN be beautiful, but you have to decide for YOURSELF to accept that affirmation. No amount of hard talk or coercion, gentle persuasion or midnight wakes can restore your beauty of feeling of beauty. To edit and re-quote Eleanor Roosevelt, "No one can make you feel UGLY without your consent". And no one can make you DO ugly without your consent either. Its up to you to make a conscious sober decision to turn your ugly into yummylicious EYE CANDY. Then you can rock that figure belt on your thick waistline and look as good as that chick.

Eye candy comes from the inside. And now to go look for tops in Toi.

No comments:

Post a Comment